Top Insider Tidings
No Result
View All Result
  • Investing
  • Stock
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
  • Investing
  • Stock
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
No Result
View All Result
Top Insider Tidings
No Result
View All Result
Home Editor's Pick

Vatican declines to join Trump’s Gaza ‘Board of Peace,’ calls for UN leadership

by
February 18, 2026
in Editor's Pick
0
Vatican declines to join Trump’s Gaza ‘Board of Peace,’ calls for UN leadership

The Vatican will not join President Donald Trump’s newly formed Board of Peace, its top diplomatic official said Tuesday, signaling reluctance from the Holy See to take part in the post-war initiative.

Vatican Secretary of State Cardinal Pietro Parolin said the Holy See ‘will not participate in the Board of Peace because of its particular nature, which is evidently not that of other States,’ the Vatican’s official news outlet reported.

The Board of Peace, which was chartered in January and includes nearly 20 countries, is tasked with managing recovery efforts in the Gaza Strip after the Israel-Hamas war.

While responding to questions about Italy declining to join the board, Parolin said ‘there are points that leave us somewhat perplexed,’ adding that ‘there are some critical points that would need to find explanations.’

‘The important thing is that an attempt is being made to provide a response,’ he said. ‘However, for us there are certain critical issues that should be resolved.’

Parolin continued, ‘One concern is that, at the international level it should above all be the UN that manages these crisis situations. This is one of the points on which we have insisted.’

Pope Leo, the first U.S. pope, received an invitation to join the peace board in January.

Leaders from 17 countries participated in the initial charter signing ceremony in Davos, Switzerland, in late January, including presidents and other senior government officials from Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and Central and Southeast Asia.

Israel formally joined the board last week ahead of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s meeting with Trump at the White House.

Several other countries were also invited by the White House, including Russia, Belarus, France, Germany, Vietnam, Finland, Ukraine, Ireland, Greece and China.

Poland and Italy on Wednesday said they would not join.

Trump announced Sunday that board members have pledged more than $5 billion in aid for Gaza.

The president said the funding would be formally pledged during a meeting Wednesday in Washington, D.C.

Fox News Digital’s Anders Hagstrom contributed to this report.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
Previous Post

Mike Lee calls Schumer’s ‘Jim Crow 2.0’ attack on voter ID bill ‘paranoid fantasy’

Next Post

US moves to expand missiles in Philippines, putting China within range

Next Post
US moves to expand missiles in Philippines, putting China within range

US moves to expand missiles in Philippines, putting China within range

    Stay updated with the latest news, exclusive offers, and special promotions. Sign up now and be the first to know! As a member, you'll receive curated content, insider tips, and invitations to exclusive events. Don't miss out on being part of something special.


    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.

    Recent News

    House Republicans threaten to force Russia sanctions vote after giving leadership ‘one last chance’

    House Republicans threaten to force Russia sanctions vote after giving leadership ‘one last chance’

    February 18, 2026
    Leavitt scoffs at reporter who questioned when Trump has been ‘falsely called racist’: ‘You’re kidding?’

    Leavitt scoffs at reporter who questioned when Trump has been ‘falsely called racist’: ‘You’re kidding?’

    February 18, 2026
    Rubio announces designation for Nicaraguan prison official tied to alleged human rights violations

    Rubio announces designation for Nicaraguan prison official tied to alleged human rights violations

    February 18, 2026
    Warner Bros. Discovery reopens talks with Paramount

    Warner Bros. Discovery reopens talks with Paramount

    February 18, 2026
    • About us
    • Contact us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions

    Disclaimer: TopInsiderTidings.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

    Copyright © 2026 topinsidertidings.com | All Rights Reserved

    No Result
    View All Result
    • Investing
    • Stock
    • Economy
    • Editor’s Pick

    Disclaimer: TopInsiderTidings.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.